Play-offs are held for Bantam, Pee Wee, Girls U15, and Girls U12 leagues. Participating teams are seeded into a double elimination Regional Qualifying Play-Off. Regional tournament entry awards for Bantam AA, Bantam A, Bantam B, Pee Wee AA, Pee Wee A, Pee Wee B, Girls U15B, Girls U12A, and Girls U12B district playoff teams will be identified in posted brackets once play-offs begin. Pee Wee B teams not participating in the Regional Qualifying tournaments are seeded into a double elimination District Tournament. Girls U15A tournament is being hosted by District 10
Play-offs dates: Feb 14, 15, 16, 21, 22 with Championship Day on Feb 23
Championship games will all be played at the Municipal Athletic Complex (MAC) in St. Cloud on Sunday February 23rd. Come for a game, Stay for the day.
PLEASE be at the rink ready to play 15 minutes prior to the scheduled game time. If we run early we WILL start to help avoid any delays caused by overtimes.
Girls U15A - North Wright County
Girls U15B - Sartell / SR
Girls U12A - North Wright County
Girls U12B - Litchfield / DC
Pee Wee A - Sartell
Pee Wee B - Buffalo Black
Pee Wee B - Sauk Rapids
Here are the District 5 Play-Off Champions and all teams qualifying for Regional tournaments and their Seed (1,2,3,etc...)
Bantam AA Champion: Buffalo
- Regional Qualifiers: Buffalo (#1), STMA AA (#2)
Bantam A Champions: Litchfield / DC
- Regional Qualifiers: Litchfield / DC (#1), Sartell (#2)
Bantam B Champion: STMA B1
- Regional Qualifiers: STMA B1 (#1), Buffalo Black (#2), Willmar (#3), St. Cloud Red (#4)
Pee Wee AA Champion: STMA AA
- Regional Qualifiers: STMA AA (#1), St. Cloud (#2)
Pee Wee A Champion: Sartell
- D5 Regional Qualifiers: Sartell (#1), New Ulm (#2)
- D4 Regional Qualifiers: Hutchinson (#1), Monticello (#2), River Lakes (#3)
Pee Wee B Champion: Buffalo Black
- Regional Qualifiers: Buffalo Black (#1), Sauk Rapids 1 (#2)
- Regional Qualifier: North Wright County
Girls U15B Champion: Sartell / Sauk Rapids
- Regional Qualifiers: Sartell / Sauk Rapids (#1), North Wright County (#2)
Girls U12A Champion: North Wright County
- Regional Qualifiers: N Wright County (#1), Buffalo (#2)
Girls U12B Champion: Litchfield / DC
- Regional Qualifiers: Litchfield / DC (#1), Hutchinson (#2)
Pee Wee B Non-Regional Tournament Champion: Litchfield / DC
River Lakes vs Sauk Rapids
- Head-to-Head tied 4 vs 4
- Most wins in League Play - River Lakes wins 3 vs 2
Litchfield/DC vs STMA Blue
- Head-to-Head Litchfield/DC wins 5 vs 3
Pee Wee A:
- Sartell awarded 2nd Place (+2 standings points)
- Games cancelled due to weather Feb 9th
Pee Wee B:
River Lakes B1 vs Willmar
- Head-to-Head tied 4 vs 4
- Most wins in League Play tied 3 vs 3
- Fewest losses in League Play - River Lakes B1 wins 14 vs 15
St. Cloud vs NWC Red
- Head-to-Head tied 4 vs 4
- Most wins in League Play - St. Cloud wins 8 vs 7
In case of a tie at the end of regulation playing time, the teams shall change goals, and sudden victory overtime play shall ensue using the following format:
a) Two (2) minute rest
b) Ten (10) minute OT period will take place 6 on 6
c) Two (2) minute rest
d) Ten (10) minute OT period will take place 6 on 6
e) Resurface, if at the discretion of the Referee is needed, will take place after 2 OT periods.
This format will continue until a winner is found.
The District 5 Play-offs are very similar to regular season with only a few changes:
1. Bring your stickers for the scorebook, or be prepared to write in the names of the players.
2. Host Associations are required to provide a clock operator.
3. The penalty box is staffed by one adult from the home team, and one adult from the visiting team. The home team also provides an official scorekeeper (scorebook). Home team is the highest seed or the top team in the bracket if teams not seeded at start of tournament.
4. Host Association will call/e-mail/text game results in as listed in directions found on play-off tab page of this website.
5. Home team mails score sheet in.
6. Host Association is obligated to comply with MN Hockey's medical attention requirements. (Page 31 of MN Hockey Handbook) Association can submit documentation to the District for reimbursement of up to $30/per game.
Triple check the brackets/game times/locations to make sure that everyone on your team is prepared.
Please post a bracket of the tournament in the arena for reference for the teams.
When games are complete please email scores of the game to email@example.com Additional send final score text to (615) 491-8863 ASAP (yes area code 615 is correct) as then we will update the website for all. Be sure to include level (Bantam A, etc) along with team names and score in the message
Regional Qualifying Championship games will all be played at the Municipal Athletic Complex (MAC) in St. Cloud on Sunday February 23rd. Come for a game, Stay for the day.
Bantam AA 4:30pm
Bantam A 4:00pm
Bantam B 1:15pm and 11:30am
Pee Wee AA 3:00pm
Pee Wee A 2:30pm
Pee Wee B 10:00am
Girls U15B 12:45pm
Girls U12A 11:15am
Girls U12B 9:45am
Pee Wee B Non-Regional Tournament Championship at Paynesville 12:00pm
Bantam, Pee Wee, Girls U15, Girls U12
District 5 Play-Offs are in progress and will conclude on February 23rd.
Play-Offs Complete and All Brackets Updated to Final Results.
Squirt / Girls U10 tournament is March 6th - 8th.
All Bracket Seedings are Completed and Posted.
Game results will be updated under the Play-Off and Squirt / U10 Trny tabs. Check back often.